Read Below to Find Out How!
- Dogs, cats and kittens awaiting adoption often cause us to exceed our budget because we have to board the animals at a kennel or hospital until they are placed. We need volunteers who can foster these animals for a short period of time so that we can evaluate its habits and personality in order to match it with a proper adoptive home.
- We often need someone to deliver medicine or administer medication for an elderly or special needs pet owner.
- Volunteers are needed to help with cage maintenance at various adoption locations in stores we have cats in.
- Volunteers are needed to help set up, take down, and host adoptions days at the different Petco's, Pet Valu's, Perk Valley Pet Eatery, Pet Supplies Plus, and during community events.
- We need workers to trap feral cats (i.e. ones who haven't been handled) and take the animals to veterinarians for neutering and shots.
- We need volunteers to learn to socialize cats and kittens so that they can be adopted into forever homes. Spay & Save supplies the necessary cage, supplies, veterinary care, and instruction.
- One of our greatest problems is finding volunteers willing to drive to pick up or deliver an animal, perform home visits, or to run an errand for an animal in need. Please consider helping to transport! Transporters are much needed in the face of our economy.
- We always need help with phone calls, with clerical work involving our website, data bases and newsletter, and with adoption follow-ups.
- Donation canisters are also important. If you can find stores that will accept canisters and if you are willing to supervise the canisters, our animals will certainly benefit.
- Our special barn and garden cat placement program needs volunteers for cage and cat transportation, cage set-up, adoption placement, and follow up. Volunteers who enjoy the country and its pleasures will enjoy this work!
- And as always, word of mouth. Please tell others about our organization. Share our website. Let friends and family know about our adoption days. Have a teenager in your family or the family of a friend?? Let them know we are here for their senior volunteer hours. When you hear someone talking about a new furry friend, direct them to us. Remember, every little bit helps regardless of whether it is monetary donation, volunteer time or word of mouth...everything helps!
Click here to be a Volunteer!
Give an outdoor cat a thrill - a home on which to roam!
If you are interested in volunteering in any capacity to help Spay & Save's Animals, please give us a call or write!